Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
In place of the apricot jam you may use 1/3 cup marmalade with 1 tablespoon brown sugar, use you own favorite meatball recipe or use frozen store-bought meatballs --- this may easily be doubled, prep time does not include preparing and baking meatballs, serve with hot cooked rice
Top Review by ukichix
We really enjoyed this - was a nice change from our regular meatball and rice dish. Used the Orange Marmalade and Brown Sugar substitution and will make it the same way the next time.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef (prepared with favorite meatball recipe and shaped into 1-inch balls)
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped (or use 2 medium)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 2⁄3 cup apricot jam
- 2⁄3 cup Catalina dressing
- 2 -4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (can use more to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the prepared meatballs onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until completely cooked through; drain any fat.
- Place the meatballs in a large skillet, with bell pepper.
- In a bowl combine the crushed chili flakes (if using) with water apricot jam, Catalina salad dressing, soy sauce, ginger powder and garlic powder until combined; pour into skillet; bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cook stirring for about 10 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and continue cooking for about 25-30 minutes, stirring occaionally.
- Serve with cooked rice.