Recipe by Hey Jude
We had these at a get-together recently and I had to get the recipe. They're different and delicious and easy enough to prepare for guests.
- 12 slices bacon
- 12 8-inch breadsticks
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot pure chile powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Stretch and spiral one strip of bacon around each breadstick from top to bottom.
- Combine brown sugar and chili powder on a plate; roll the breadsticks in the sugar mixture and place on a rack over a foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until sugar is carmelized and bacon is brown.
- Remove pan from oven; the breadsticks will be kind of limp and soggy but when cooled they harden.
- Served when cooled and hardened.