1/3 Photos of Sweet & Hot Asian Noodles
I often serve this as a side dish to my Asian dinners. I sometimes vary it and add chicken or shrimp for a one dish meal. It's very tasty and my family loves it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 ounces dried rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated (I cheat and use ginger paste)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 1/2 ounces bamboo shoots, drained and sliced into batons
- 4 1/2 ounces bean sprouts
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into batons
- 1 small white cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (I use more to season when I'm about to serve)
- 2 tablespoons plum sauce
- chili paste (I use Sriracha)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lime, rind of
- 3 1/2 ounces daikon radishes, sliced into thin batons
- 1/4 cup coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1Cook the noodles in large pot of boiling water, following instructions on the packet.
- 2Heat the oil in a wok or very large pan and stir fry the ginger and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat until golden.
- 3Drain the noodles and set them aside add the bamboo shoots to the wok, increase the heat to high and stir fry for a further 5 minutes.
- 4stir in the sauces, sesame oil, sugar and lime juice.
- 5Add the daikon and coriander, toss to mix sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
- 6Sometimes I add a little bit of sweet chili sauce when I want it sweeter or for another variation you can add chicken or shrimp for a full meal.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet & Hot Asian Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.8
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1382.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, rind of