There's this delicious couscous mix I get at the prepared foods section of my favorite gourmet shop, and it inspired to make my own mix with my own couscous. This would make a nice alternative to oatmeal for breakfast, and a nice dessert with Middle Eastern flair. Creamed honey is really the absolute best for this but if you don't have it, don't fret-- just use regular honey of your choice. A beautifully flavorful dish that looks very complicated and elegant but is not at all hard to prepare, would be wonderful for dinner parties or international night.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil, and salt it a little. Add the tahini, cardamom and cinnamon blend it in, letting the flavors impart. Lower the heat and add the couscous, cover and let simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- When the couscous is fully cooked, fluff it with a fork and drain any excess water.
- Put into a serving bowl and mix well with the chopped dates and almonds.
- Add the creamed honey and just stir and stir, like you're melting butter over rice. Sir like normal if using regular honey.
- Add extra cinnamon and cardamom to taste. Serve with hot mint tea and enjoy.