Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
There are a lot of fruit pizza recipes out here, but this one has a twist, it uses a regular pizza dough crust (I use Honey Pizza Dough (awesome) with 1/2 cup sugar added and it makes two pizza crusts), and the toppings make it look like a "regular pizza." Really good and super fun for kids to make too. And as a bonus, if you are careful about the white chocolate you use, I think it could be considered vegan. Feel free to experiment!
- Make pizza dough according to directions but add about 1/2 cup extra sugar to make it sweet. Bake the dough empty. Cool.
- Spread with jam/jelly.
- Using a potato peeler or grater, add enough white chocolate shavings to look like cheese.
- Sprinkle on walnuts to look like sausage.
- Slice strawberries to look like pepperoni slices.
- Sprinkle with green sugar or other green cookie sprinkles if you want to simulate oregano.
- I find that it looks best the first day. But tastes great even if the strawberries dry out a little --
Made this using some of the Organic Strawberry Spread (huge jar) that I got at Costo last week, & that worked very well, as it wasn't as outrageously sweet as some berry jams are! It might serve 8 for some of you out there, but 4 of us devoured this one in no time at all! Thanks for a great keeper! [Recipenapped & made in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 22]