Recipe by Karen R.
If you love fresh sweet corn you will love this recipe. Use it straight off the cob or if preferred you may precook in the microwave by wrapping each ear in wax paper and cooking on high for 2 minutes each. Use the jalepenos if you want a little heat- great with or without. I love using Supremo Mexican melting cheese for this recipe but it may not be available where you live. Makes a meal for 6 or cut into smaller wedges for great party appetizers.
- 3 cups sweet corn, fresh off the cob
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno pepper, fresh, finely diced (optional)
- 3 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 6 teaspoons butter
- 6 large flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients to make corn relish, adding jalepenos if you choose to use them.
- Melt 1 tsp butter in a large skillet.
- Place one tortilla in the warm skillet.
- Place 1/6 of corn relish and 1/2 cup melting cheese over half the tortilla then fold in half.
- Heat until cheese melts and tortilla is crispy, flipping over one time.
- Repeat for remaining tortillas.
- Cut into wedges and serve.