Recipe by FLUFFSTER
These are fantastic! Serve them for breakfast or have them for dessert! The ingredients are probably in your pantry right now.What are you waiting for? You will be so glad you did!
- 3 ears corn
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- maple syrup (optional) or powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- With a sharp knife, cut down the center of each row of corn. Cut corn kernals from cob with a sharp knife. Scrape cob with back of knife to remove remaining bits of corn, if desired. Set aside.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl. Combine eggs, milk, vanilla and melted butter; stir into flour, mixing to moisten flour. Add corn and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoons into hot vegetable oil(365°F.)and fry for 3 to 4 minutes, turning to brown both sides. Drain and serve with maple syrup, honey, or dust with powdered sugar.