Recipe by KitchenManiac
These prawn cakes are a great appetizer or small finger food to serve with drinks. They can be made in huge batches, all shaped and kept in the freezer. And when you need them (which will be often), just take them out and shallow fry. It is ready to be served. Great for unexpected guest.
Top Review by Hey Jude
These cakes couldn't be quicker, easier and more delicious if they tried. I used 1 pound of cleaned and deveined shrimp, then all of the rest of the ingredients exactly. The sweet chilli sauce has the perfect amount of sweet and hot to it to give these wonderful cakes just the right tang. My husband and I polished off half the batch as quickly as they came out of the frying pan! We just LOVE these and I'll be making them again and again. Thanks so much KitchenManiac...these are terrific!
- 600 g green prawns (raw)
- 1 egg white
- 2 fresh lime leaves, shredded
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 cups fresh corn flakes, crushed finely
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- oil, for shallow frying
- extra sweet chili sauce, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Place prawn meat, egg white, lime leaves, sweet chili sauce, corn flakes and rice flour in a food processor and process till the mixture is combined, BUT not smooth.
- With wet hands, shape the mixture into small cakes.
- Heat enough oil in a frying pan over medium heat to shallow fry.
- Add prawn cakes a few at a time and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or till golden brown.
- Place the cooked prawn cakes on kitchen towels to soak up the excess oil.
- Serve with the extra sweet chili sauce.