Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
I made this recipe for Passover this year -- a little of this a little of that -- and it was a big hit.
- 5 large fuji apples, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, any type
- 1⁄2 cup pitted dates, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups english walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red wine, such as Shiraz Cabernet
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Toast walnuts for 5-7 minutes until fragrant; be careful not to burn. Allow walnuts cool for about 10 minutes on paper towels.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well, adding a little more wine if necessary. Pour off any excess liquid. Store in refrigerator. Serve cold or at room temperature.