Recipe by Chef eljay
This recipe came by way of B. Smith, and has become a family favorite side dish. Especially around the holidays.
Top Review by jodyjohnsen
This is the best corn pudding on the planet. I have this exact recipe from an old magazine. My family has insisted we add it to our tradition every Thanksgiving and Christmas since. They call it corn souffle because we beat the crap out of the eggs first but it is the same recipe. We cut the sugar and bourbon in half so it doesn't overpower and I never add salt.
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk (I have used whipping cream)
- 2 cups cream-style corn
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon (rum goes well too)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper