Recipe by Christmas Carol
Delish! The addition of grape jelly sweetens this tasty sauce along with brown sugar. Be sure not to use already sweetened barbecue sauce though, (such as honey-flavored) as it may end up too sweet. The blend of ingredients here will do that to perfection.
- 2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 cup regular barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Heinz ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup grape jelly
- 4 hoagie rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast from cooker and discard juices.
- Shred beef with a fork and return to slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, and grape jelly.
- Pour mixture over shredded beef and stir gently until heated through.
- Toast Hoagie rolls under broiler and ladle beef mixture onto rolls.