Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
A bruschetta for your sweet tooth.
- 6 slices sweet Hawaiian bread or 6 slices egg bread or 6 slices raisin bread
- 1 medium banana, mashed (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese with pineapple
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 medium bananas, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- sifted powdered sugar (optional)
- chocolate curls (optional)
- Toast bread and let cool. Combine mashed banana, cream cheese, and cocoa powder in a medium bowl.
- Spread some of the mixture over each toasted bread slice.
- Place slices on a cookie sheet. Layer banana slices on top of cream cheese mixture. Brush bananas with melted butter or margarine. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Broil bruschetta 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 30 to 60 seconds or until banana slices just begin to glaze.
- To serve, sprinkle tops with sifted powdered sugar and garnish with chocolate curls, if desired. Serve immediately.