Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This came to me via a Woman's Day Cookbook. I just modernize it a little. This goes very well with Red Cabage Cole Slaw Red Cabbage Coleslaw by LUv2BaKE
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage link (about 8,each cut into three pieces)
- 2 apples, cut in wedges
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 ounces medium noodles
- Mix water and cider together and set aside.
- Brown sausage and add apple wedges to cook until fork-tender.
- Pour off any drippings from sausage and stir in sugar, cornstarch, and salt together in skillet.
- Put water to boil for the noodles.
- Add water and vinegar mixture to skillet a little bit at a time, stirring continously until sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Cook noodles as package directed and drain.
- Arrange noodles on a platter and make a well in the middle. Put sausage and apples in the well and pour in the sauce.
- Warm Rye bread with caraway seeds or homemade corn bread adds just the extra goodness.