Sweet and Sour Noodles With Sausage and Apple
- Mix water and cider together and set aside.
- Brown sausage and add apple wedges to cook until fork-tender.
- Pour off any drippings from sausage and stir in sugar, cornstarch, and salt together in skillet.
- Put water to boil for the noodles.
- Add water and vinegar mixture to skillet a little bit at a time, stirring continously until sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Cook noodles as package directed and drain.
- Arrange noodles on a platter and make a well in the middle. Put sausage and apples in the well and pour in the sauce.
- Warm Rye bread with caraway seeds or homemade corn bread adds just the extra goodness.