Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe calls for Saucy Susan brand sauce but any Chinese duck sauce should suffice. From Cooking More Creatively.
- 4 -5 lbs beef brisket
- 1 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) onion soup mix
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 cup Chinese duck sauce, Saucy Susan brand is nice
- Cover bottom of Dutch oven with water and soup mix.
- Mix the garlic powder and paprika into into the duck sauce.
- Using the mixture like a glaze, coat the meat, all over. Place the brisket in the Dutch oven and cover.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours. Remove and slice after it cools a bit and return the meat and sauce to the oven for another hour.