Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Cantonese region of China, this is a lovely home-style dish which is easy to make, deliciously fruity and ready in minutes. Serve with egg fried rice or plain rice.
- Remove the skin from the duck breasts and cut the duck into thin slices. Put the duck slices in a bowl with a pinch of salt, the white pepper, rice wine or dry sherry and the cornstarch. Mix well.
- Heat a wok over a high heat and pour in the peanut oil. Heat the oil to 350F or until a cube of bread dropped in turns golden brown in 15 seconds and floats to the surface.
- Shallow fry the duck in the oil for about 2 mins, stirring now and again, until golden and crispy on the outside.
- Take the wok off the heat, remove the duck with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent kitchen paper. Pour the oil from the wok through a fine seive into a bowl.
- Return 1 tbs of the oil to the wok (you can discard the rest) and return the wok to a high heat. When the oil starts to smoke, add the ginger and stir fry for a few seconds., then add the red pepper and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Return the fried duck slices to the wok. Next add the orange juice, lime juice and soy sauce and toss together until well combined.
- Serve immediately.