Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
This slaw has a sweet-and-sour vinegar based dressing and uses a combination of tart green apples and cilantro. It tastes great as a topping on a burger, or on the side of a juicy steak. Enjoy!
- 16 ounces cabbage, shredded
- 3 medium green apples, peeled, cored and cut in matchsticks
- 1⁄4 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Mix last three ingredients in medium bowl and whisk well.
- Add cut apples into dressing mixture, and mix well to coat so apples won't turn color.
- Pour dressing mixture over remaining ingredients and refrigerate for 2 hours.
I had something similar to this at a very high-end restaurant, and have been trying to recreate it since. I have made this many times now, and gave it 4 stars because it was very soggy as-is. I use aguave instead of honey, and cut the dressing in half - or less! (1/4 cup even). This recipe can omit much less oil too, in my taste. I keep the amount of cilantro plentiful, and add nuts and craisens. Those two ingredients really make it! :)
Loved the apples with the cilantro!