Recipe by Brooke the Cook in WI
These sweet mixed nuts will leave you hot, hot, hot! I gave these out for Christmas last year and got rave reviews. Not just for the holidays, they're great anytime you need a sassy treat!
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg white
- 3 1⁄2 cups mixed nuts (I use deluxe mixed nuts with no peanuts)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F and prepare baking sheet. I like to line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper, but you can grease your pan if you like.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and cayenne, set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to accommodate nuts, whisk the egg white; add nuts, cranberries, sprinkle with sugar mixture and toss to coat. Spread onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container up to a week.