1/1 Photo of Sweet and Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
This filling soup serves well as a healthy dessert (squash is an excellent source of magnesium, potassium, vitamins C and A, and a good source of calcium). It can be served hot or cold and has an interesting texture. I like this recipe because it is simple to make, yet has a lovely flavor. If you enjoy a thicker, more custard-like consistency you can use less than the directed amount of skim milk. If you prefer a soupier thickness, then you should add more skim milk during the simmering process.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil in a large frying pan on low.
- 2Add squash and spices.
- 3Stir-cook on low for three minutes and then add water.
- 4Cover pan and increase heat to level six.
- 5Allow to steam for ten minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and blend contents of pan in a food processor with 1/2 quart of skim milk.
- 7Pour food processor mixture into a pot and add Splenda brown sugar blend.
- 8Heat to level 6 while stirring in the remaining skim milk. (The amount of milk added is variable to desired texture.).
- 9Cover and simmer on level 4 for 15 minutes.
- 10If serving warm, ladle soup into bowls and garnish with crushed walnuts and cinnamon. (An alternative is to use more Splenda Brown Sugar Blend).
- 11If serving cold, refrigerate for 2 hours and then follow previous instructions.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.5
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 80.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 7.9 g