Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The original name is Almond Addiction but I couldn't bring myself to name it that! So you have been warned!
- Combine almonds, margarine, sugar, flour and milk in a skillet; let simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour mixture into 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan, lined with foil.
- Bake at 400°F until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool on foil. When cool, peel off foil.
- Break up brittle and serve as is, or crumble over ice cream and garnish with fruit.
This is really good. You have to bake it a dark golden brown for it to come out like "brittle". It is delicious, but a little "floppy" unless you do so. We ate it as almond brittle, but I'm sure it would be good over ice cream. I followed the ingredients as stated, and it didn't fully cover a 9x13x2 pan. But that makes it bake faster and become more brittle.....just don't be surprised when it is thin and barely covers your pan! Yummy treat!