Chocolate Almond Brittle
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 lb dark chocolate confectionary coating or 3/4 lb milk chocolate confectionary coating
- In a 1 1/2 quart microwavable bowl,combine sugar,corn syrup and salt.
- Mix well.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Stir in almonds,microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Add the butter and vanilla,microwave on high for 1 and 1/2 minutes.
- Stir in baking soda.
- AS sson as mixture foams,quickly pour onto a greased metal baking sheet.
- Cool completely.
- Break into 2 inch pieces.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.
- Dip one side of brittle in chocolate and place on waxed paper to harden.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"<p>I enjoy cooking and especially baking.Love homemade bread.I really enjoy trying new recipes.I have a husband and 5 children,so it is a challenge trying to cook to please them all.Some of my kids are very picky eaters.At this time in my life,I am interested in healthy cooking.I lost 70 lbs with Weight Watchers and am trying to keep it off!</p>"
Join The Conversation