Another helpful tip from a book by Jerry Baker. Here's a laundry challenge that's been around as long as laundry itself: getting yellow perspiration stains out of shirt underarms. To treat white shirts, there's nothing better than this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Since Sunshine is probably not a computer friendly word in the database of ingredients for a recipe site, I'll just add it as a footnote.
- 2Otherwise it would be listed as an ingredient.
- 3Pour 1/2 cup of lemon juice or squeeze two lemons into a half-full laundry tub of hot water.
- 4(if you're doing a full load, add twice as much lemon).
- 5Soak your clothes for an hour or overnight, then put them through the wash cycle.
- 6Add the juice of one more lemon to the rinse cycle, then hang your clothes in the sun to dry.
- 7Lemon and sunshine combine to make nature's best bleach, and so far, nothing the detergent industry has come up with can top it.
Browse Our Top Household Cleaner Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Household Cleaner Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweaty Stain Solution
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.6
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 1.0 g