Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this salad dressing, I got the recipe from a friend who has been making it for years. It is a bit sweet, a little nippy and just darn good!
- 8 ounces oil, your favourite
- 2 ounces red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, well crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon English mustard powder
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl, blend mustard, egg, garlic and honey together.
- Add vinegar, and slowly add oil a little at a time while blending, this will make the dressing thicken.
- When ingredients are blended well, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into jar, cover and store in refrigerator.
Nippy and darn good is a great description! I made this exactly as stated and it was a rich and thick, as well as creamy dressing. The egg and oil make it a cross between a mayonnaise and a dressing - we enjoyed this spooned on to fresh salad leaves with tomatoes and cucumbers. I might use white wine vinegar next time, as the red wine vinegar made it a bit pink - which could be great for seafood! Tangy, creamy and just a tad on the sweet side, which was nice - a delicious dressing, thanks Elly! Made for PAC Spring 2008. FT:-)
I'm sorry, but I just didn't care for this dressing. I guess I prefer a little more flavor and I found this to be tangy, yet bland. However, I'm giving it 3 stars bkz my mother-in-law loved it and wanted the recipe! I guess it's just personal preference. :)
"A bit sweet, a little nippy and just darn good" says it all! This just goes together so well to make for a great dressing. Will be making this great tasting dressing again. Thank you Elly - it's a good one!