Recipe by cheryl
I saw this recipe in a newspaper and tried it, but reduced the amount of garlic and vinegar because it sounded like way too much. It was good but the full amount is even better! Gave the recipe to my sister and she loved it; she still calls and asks me to repeat it now and then when she can't find it. My original is old and yellowed by now; hopefully this will preserve it. (The recipe had been called 'Kelly's Asian Chicken' in the Dayton Daily News.)
Top Review by Bergy
It may sound crazy but it' crazy like a fox! Great recipe. I used skinless boneless breasts and they were absolutely excellent. You are right use all the vinegar. I serve the breasts with Baked potatoes (the extra sauce was mashed into the potatoes Mmm), Roasted asparagus,broiled onions and baking stone carrots - what a great meat Thanks Cheryl
- 1 large frying chicken, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons oil (preferably peanut oil)
- 1 head garlic, chopped (yes, a whole head)
- 2 small dried hot peppers or 1 tablespoon chili pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet and fry chicken until almost browned.
- Add garlic and hot peppers and stir occasionally until chicken is browned.
- (Garlic should be peeled but bits of skin will blend right in...) Add remaining ingredients and cook about 10 minutes over medium-high heat, until chicken is cooked and sauce has been slightly reduced.