Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 loaf French bread (1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1⁄3 cup cream soup substitute (Creamed Soup Substitute)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 slices low-fat American cheese
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; hollow out both halves slightly.
- Cook beef in skillet and drain.
- Add Creamed Soup Substitute and water; stir.
- Add catsup, mustard and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil; lower heat.
- Heat until thickened, stirring often.
- Spoon beef mixture into hollow of one bread half.
- Cut cheese slices in half; cover filling with slices and top with another half of bread.
- Wrap loaf in foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Cut into 2-inch slices to serve.