Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We like peanut butter rice krispy treats so much we played around with the recipe and got these. Delicious and easy. Add in YOUR favorites! Some of our variations are raisins, chocolate chips and cashews.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 1⁄2 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- 1 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Add vanilla and peanut butter and stir until smooth and combined.
- Remove from heat and add cereal (might need 3 cups Cheerios. I like a lot of cereal so I add extra), nuts and peanut butter chips (or whatever you like!).
- Stir until all combined thoroughly.
- Press into a greased 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Cool and cut into squares.
Okay, this is SERIOUSLY the BEST rice krispie treat I have ever eaten! I added that extra cup of Cheerios and it was just perfect! The peanut butter chips is a great touch, and I used lightly salted peanuts for a little sweet-salty taste. GREAT recipe - thanks a bunch for posting!