Recipe by Making Stuff
Delicious, easy, and very good for you! Use organic ingredients when available. Feel free to substitute honey, molasses, rice syrup, or your favorite sweetener in place of the agave nectar.
Top Review by xinalynn
Like the previous reviewer, I added more liquids. I used 1/2 cup milk and 3/4 cup orange juice to 1 carrot for a single serving, and used nutmeg and cinnamon instead of the pie spice. The flavor was fantastic, but I kept getting big mouth-fulls of shredded carrot. I think this would be great if you had a vitamix or something that could really puree the carrot, but for me, the texture was a huge turn-off. I'd make it again if I ever get a better blender.
- 4 ice cubes
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon spirulina (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze