Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
THis is something that I came up with one evening whenI was wanting a garlic cheese bread. My DS didnt really like the garlic taste, but it satisfied everyone else. I guess he is nothing like his mom. :)
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons parsley, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika, divided
- Cut bread length wise in the middle.
- In dish that butter was melted in, add the minced garlic to it, and stir to incorporate it evenly in the butter, then spread it evenly on the slices of bread -- making sure to do a little at a time to make sure it doesnt all soak up in one spot.
- Mix the 2 cheeses together, and then use half of the mixture on each half loaf.
- Put 1 tsp parsley on each half, and 1/4 tsp paprika on as well.
- Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes, or until crispy, and then broil under high heat for 2 minutes, or until bubbly and brown.
This was sooooooo good! I used 2 TBS parsley and 1 TBS basil put under the broiler for about 8 minutes until the edges of the bread were turning dark brown and the cheese melted. Really easy to make and I'll keep this one handy.
Mmmmm. This was delicious *Miss Diggy*, added this to my youngest DS's birthday supper wish. We were completely satisfied. I did increase the melted butter(we like ours really buttery) and used 4 cloves of the garlic. Did not need to broil this, it was crusty and bubbly enough for us-and beautiful to look at to! This is a definate keeper!