Recipe by Musical Joy
A nice change from tomato sauce. We love this for a fast dinner. My girls (ages 2 and 5)like it as well and it's a good way for us to get them to eat some spinach! (You know, if you mix anything with cheese it tastes great)!
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook first 4 ingredients for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- (I sometimes add some minced garlic and cayenne pepper to this mixture).
- Reduce heat to low and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Heat but do not boil.
- Serve on cooked pasta (spaghetti or whatever you have on hand).