1/1 Photo of Super Easy Shredded Beef Chilli
8 hrs 15 mins
A delicious and simple home made chilli using shredded beef and very few ingredients. If you like a spicier chili, you can add jalapenos or other types of peppers at the same time you add the tomatoes and green chilis.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lbs roast beef
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 (15 ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 -4 tablespoons low-sodium taco seasoning (to taste)
Toppings if desired
- 1Cut roast in fourths, cook meat in a frying pan on high heat with the olive oil until each side is browned, only cook one or two pieces of meat at a time so you do not overcrowd the pan.
- 2Put the browned meat, tomatoes, water, greens chillies, and taco seasoning in a large crock pot. Cook on medium heat.
- 3After about 6 hours add the beans to the rest of the ingredients, then cook an additional 2 to 3 hours.
- 4Check on the chili from time to time, if it begins looking too thick then add more water as needed.
- 5The chili is done when the beef begins looking stringy after stirring.
- 6When chilli is done serve with sour cream, crushed tortilla chips, cheese, and/or green onions.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Easy Shredded Beef Chilli
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.2
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 66.3 mg
- Sodium 219.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 29.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium taco seasoning