Recipe by Mirj
A gave a neighbor loads of plums off my tree, and in return she gave me a jar of homemade jam. We hate plum jam, but I created this crock pot dish, and it was a huge hit with family and guests.
Top Review by Malriah
Mirj,I put this in the crock as I was dashing out the door for work. When I got home from work, I checked it. The meat was very tender but there was an underlying burnt flavor. Also the outer layers of meat was a little tough like it had over cooked. I think the recipe is a good basic recipe but others need to be aware that all crocks may not cook the meat in the same time. I think mine would have been perfect at about 7-8 hours instead of the 10 stated in the directions. I normally love your recipes but this one didn't do it for us. Sorry!
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the meat into the crock pot.
- Mix the jam with the soup mix.
- Pour over the roast.
- Cook on high for 6 hours, or on low for 10 hours.
- Let the roast rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- If you are really patient, chill overnight, then you can cut sheer slices.
- Reheat gently.