Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a super easy yellow cake mix-based recipe that comes from the family of my friend Lisa Follows. These cookie bars are extremely popular. Whip up a batch and see for yourself!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine yellow cake mix, brown sugar, oil, water, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Cool and cut into small squares.
Easy and great tasting bar cookie. I had a butter cake mix on hand and it worked great. I'll be making this again.