Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is based off of a Cooking Light recipe, but it is not pan fried at all. You could easily double this recipe, but I cook for two, so this is perfect for us. I serve this with veggies and crescent rolls.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a pie plate or a foil-lined baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine Parmesan, breadcrumbs, and salt in a shallow dish (I use a paper plate). Place egg in a separate shallow dish.
- Dip each side of each chicken breast in egg, then dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. Place on prepared pan.
- Bake for 18 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until done.
- Take the chicken out and switch the oven to BROIL.
- Divide the sauce evenly and pour over each piece of chicken. Sprinkle evenly with the mozzarella cheese.
- Broil 2 minutes or until the cheese melts.