Easy Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan
photo by Cleanfreshcuisine
- Ready In:
- 4 large boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1⁄3 cup dry red wine
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle olive oil in 9″ X 13″ baking dish. Set aside.
- Rinse the chicken breasts under cold water and dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, flour, oregano, basil, pepper, salt and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Bread chicken breasts in flour mixture and arrange in olive oil coated baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven.
- Top with marinara sauce, red wine and cheese. Cover and continue baking for 20 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with pasta and tossed green salad.
- Serves 4. Can be doubled.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Kyle and I am a Mom, a chef, a blogger and an event planner