Recipe by Kimmie Kooks
This chocolate cake is like a pound cake and is very moist and rich in flavor. It gets gobbled up every time I make it.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips (one 12 oz package)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan or other tub pan.
- Combine Cake mix, pudding mix, milk, sour cream, and eggs in a large mixer bowl.
- Beat on low speed just until blended, beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 55-65 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Cool 20 minutes ans invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt unsweetened chocolate and butter in a heavy duty saucepan over lo0w heat, stirring until smooth. remove from heat. Stir in Powdered sugar alternately with water until desired consistency. Stir in vanilla, pour over cake or sprinkle with powdered sugar.