Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I get a ton of requests for this sandwich, particularly at Superbowl time. I think the key is the fresh ingredients and using a really good Italian dressing (or a homemade vinaigrette).
- 1 loaf crusty Italian bread
- 1⁄8 lb sweet capicola
- 1⁄8 lb mortadella
- 1⁄8 lb genoa salami
- 1⁄8 lb ham
- fresh basil leaf
- fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄2 roasted red pepper, cut into strips
- Italian salad dressing
- Slice the loaf of bread in half lengthwise.
- Dig out excess bread in the center so that each half resembles a shallow "canoe".
- Drizzle the bread with Italian salad dressing.
- Layer the ingredients on the bread as desired.
- Cut the finished sandwich into 1 1/2 inch slices and enjoy!
This is the perfect sandwich for watching Alabama football. This is a great combination of meats. I also love the addition of the fresh basil and mozzarella. I did add some slice tomatoes, onions and shredded lettuce which made the sandwich even better. Thanks for such an easy tasty recipe. Made for FAll PAC 2008.
Made as posted except for the mortadella, my store didn't have it so I added more of the other meats. Delicious!!