Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another delightfully energizing recipe using tangerines found in the March 17, 2008 issue of FIRST magazine. Looks YUMMY and could be very pretty to serve to guests after a nice summer BBQ! ** cook time is mixing and chilling.
- Zest and juice one tangerine; peel and section the other.
- In a cup, combine 1/3 cup tangerine juice and enough water to measure 1/2 cup.
- Add 1 teaspoons zest.
- In a bowl, combine the gelatin and 1/2 cup of boiling water; stir 2 minutes.
- Set in an ice bath for 2 minutes.
- Fold in the frozen whipped topping (thawed) and the sour cream.
- Divide tangerine segments and cream mixture among four 6oz ramekins with 2" wax-paper collars (reserving one segment for a garnish on top).
- Chill 5 minutes.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream, a mandarin segment and a sprig of edible lavender for a nice presentation. (Other edible flowers would work well with this for Spring).
- Enjoy! ;).
A lovely tasting treat that fits its name with a bright sunny flavor, not having ramekins I made my in desert cups. I did make as written and will make again come summer time. Thanks for the post.