Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this from food network on Sunny Anderson's show Cooking for Real. It's a delicious recipe and it's so simple! The recipe calls for focaccia but I used a persian loaf and it worked great.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 ounce mushroom
- 1 piece focaccia bread
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces buffalo mozzarella
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 garlic cloves (roughly chopped)
- 20 pepperoni slices
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Put the mushrooms in a saucepan with the white wine vinegar and cook until theyre just about tender and drain the vinegar out.
- Slice the bread to create 2 pizzas and put them crust side up on an oiled baking sheet.
- In a bowl, squeeze the tomatoes and break them up by hand then place on the pizza halves.
- Pull the pieces of buffalo mozzarella from the ball and place on the pizzas.
- Top with the mushrooms, shredded mozarella, garlic and pepperoni.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and crust is crispy, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the fresh basil and parmesan.
This felt like a weekend treat on a week night! Very easy to prepare, for the pizza base I used chef#324136 s Yum Italian Pizza Base, made previously and frozen for future use. Tomatoes are mentioned in the directions but not in the ingredients, so I used the last of some tomato-onion sauce I had in the fridge, I make my own tomato sauce and there is generally some to be found when I need it! Otherwise, I made as directed. I'm not a mushroom lover, but these were very good prepared in this fashion. I forgot to add the extra parmesan, but this was already a meal and a half, excellent as was! Made for PAC Fall 2009, thank you, Melcat!