Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was in the December 2011 issue of Food Network Magazine. So easy and made with fruits that are easy to find.
- 2 cups orange juice, no pulp
- 3 -6 ounces orange liqueur
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 clementines or 2 blood oranges, cut into sections
- 1 granny smith apple, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 red Anjou pear, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 2 liters sweet sparkling red wine, chilled (like Rosa Regale)
- 1 liter carbonated lemon-lime beverage, chilled
- In a pitcher or punch bowl, whisk the orange juice, orange liqueur and honey.
- Add the cinnamon stick, clemetines (or blood oranges), apple and pear and stir to combine. Set aside at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Right before serving, add the wine and soda to the fruit mixture and stir gently to combine.
- Serve immediately in ice-filled glasses.
I think I just plain old love Sangria. This version is very nice. I did not even know there was sparking red wine. This is also good with ordinary Merlot.