Recipe by deeleebee
I have not yet tried this recipe but it looks absolutely delicious. Anything with bacon makes me drool, even just reading the recipe! haha
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 lb gemelli pasta (corkscrew Pasta)
- 3 ears corn
- 1 (8 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes, Packed In Oil
- 1 garlic clove, Crushed And Minced
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bacon strips on a large skillet, place the skillet on the stovetop, and then turn the heat on medium-high. Cook the bacon until it starts to crisp up and then flip to cook the other side. Remove the bacon and place it on a paper towel-lined plate. Break the bacon into bite-sized pieces once it cools slightly.
- When the bacon is about half-cooked, start boiling water in a medium-large pot. Once the water comes to a boil, add your pasta and cook until it is just al dente (8-10 minutes for dry pasta).
- While the bacon cooks and the water boils, cut the corn off the cob and prepare the sun-dried tomato sauce. Roughly chop the sun-dried tomatoes, then add the tomatoes and the oil from the jar to the bowl of a food processor. Add the garlic and parmesan cheese and then process the ingredients until the tomatoes are finely chopped.
- After the bacon has cooked, add the corn to the bacon grease (you can drain some of the oil) and cook for about 3-4 minutes, just enough to lightly cook the corn.
- When the pasta has finished cooking, drain it, then add it to the skillet with the corn. Add the bacon and the sun-dried tomato sauce and stir well to coat the pasta with sauce. Finally, add some diced fresh mozzerella and fresh basil.