Recipe by FrenchBunny
A delicious waffle recipe I got from my sister-in-law over 15 years ago. The only thing she knew how to cook. (seriously) Absolutely delicious. I make it as pancakes as well sometimes.
Top Review by mindeola
This is the same recipe my Mom has been making for about 25 years. I believe she got it from Southern Living magazine. This is the only recipe our family uses. We do beat the egg whites until foamy. That makes them very light and airy. Yum!
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Combine and mix milk, egg yolks and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Beat egg whites until stiff in a large bowl.
- Add milk and egg yolk mixture to dry ingredients. Beat with electric mixer at high speed just enough to moisten dry ingredients.
- Stir in slightly cooled butter. Fold in egg whites, leaving little fluffs of them showing in batter.
- Pour batter onto center of heated waffle iron. Pour in center of griddle until it spreads to about 1" from edges and cook until browned and done. My iron takes about 6 minutes but I know they will vary.
- Makes 8 waffles.