Recipe by Sharon123
A light and wonderful way to begin a Sunday anytime of the year.
Top Review by ~*Miss Diggy*~
This was so easy and I had it on the table in 15 minutes, which my family LOVED! I used a wedge of a lemon for the juice that was about 1/4 of a lemon. Make sure you get this all over, as it gives a wonderful taste to it! And I sprinkled with powdered sugar! Thanks for a great recipe!
- 8 tablespoons sweet butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- fresh lemon juice
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Put butter in a heavy frying pan or a shallow casserole.
- Place in an oven set at 475*.
- Meanwhile, mix milk, flour and eggs lightly to make a batter.
- When the butter has melted, add batter to the pan and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place bismarck on a plate.
- Pour a little of the melted butter on the pancake, and squeeze on a little lemon juice to taste.
- Roll it up like a loose jelly roll and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Variations: Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Forget the sugar and use a fruit or maple flavored syrup.
- Spread with a favorite fruit preserve or fresh berries.
- Lightly sprinkle with Grand Marnier.
- Fill with chestnut cream.