Recipe by Shar-on
This recipe comes from off a package of shelled sunflower seeds. I love sunflower seeds, so this recipe has been made many times.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sour milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, dissolved in milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons orange rind
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups sunflower seeds, unsalted
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat tog butter, egg, honey, and brown sugar.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, orange rind and add to butter mixture alternately with the milk/soda mixture.
- Do not over mix.
- Add the raisins and seeds.
- Spoon into greased muffins tins.
- Bake at 400 degF for about 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.