Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
from Food and Wine's 'One-Dish Meals'
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2⁄3 cup chopped drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil, plus 1/4 cup oil
- 2 (12 inch) prebaked prepared pizza crust
- 1⁄2 lb fontina, cut into thin slices
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. In a large frying pan, cook the sausage over medium heat, breaking it up, until cooked through and just beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Bridg the sun-dried tomato oil over the pizza shells. Spread the sausage over the pizza shells. Scatter the sun-dried tomatoes over the sausage, put the fontina on top, and sprinkle the Parmesan over all.
- Bake the pizzas, directly on the oven rack (for a crisper crust) or on two baking sheets, until the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.