Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I came up with this dish for dinner and OMG this is to die for!!! I think this would be company worthy. I actually got my inspiration for a similar but more complicated recipe I saw posted here.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (6 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (5-6 chopped tomatoes)
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese (about three slices)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- defrost chicken breasts and cut in half making four equal pieces. I used large chicken breasts for this.
- Next use meat tenderizer and pound to desired thickness.
- Mix breadcrumbs,Romano cheese, Mozzarella cheese, diced sun dried tomatoes, and enough oil or melted butter to moisten mixture. I used both oil and butter for this.
- Coat chicken in breadcrumb mixture and put in a 9X13inch baking dish.
- Heat in medium saucepan over medium heat until throughly combined and warmed through 1/2 cup of milk, cream of chicken soup, swiss cheese, red hot pepper flakes.
- Pour over chicken and bake in 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes.
It's funny that the previous reviewer used roasted red peppers instead of sun dried tomatoes because I did the same!! I already had them on hand so I thought "why not!" I baked the chicken with the breading on it for a bit prior to adding the cream sauce just to ensure that it crisped up a bit. I also left out the crushed red pepper & used all mozzarella cheese. Thanks for a lovely recipe!
This recipe was great! We changed it a little and used fat free cream of celery soup, and roasted red peppers instead of tomatoes. Also if you add mushrooms on top....delicious! and easy!