1/1 Photo of Sun Chile Honey
168 hrs 10 mins
This honey is infused with red chile. The red chile gives it a distinctive flavor and lovely red hue. It will keep indefinitely in a tightly sealed glass jar. This is a great addition to fresh baked bread, sopaipillas or corn bread. The recipe comes from Real New Mexico Chile cookbook. Please note: If the honey is super thick, warm it slightly before straining.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the stems from the chilies and lightly crumble both the peppers and seeds.
- 2Place in a clean glass jar, add the honey.
- 3Place the jar in a sunny window for a week.
- 4Taste and if more heat is desired, add cayenne to taste.
- 5Strain the honey through a fine mesh strainer and return to the jar.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sun Chile Honey
Serving Size: 1 (685 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1033.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 280.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 278.8 g
- Protein 1.1 g