Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A high-protein breakfast bar without flour, milk, sugar or eggs.
Make and share this Sun Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Place the sunflower seeds and walnuts in a food processor and grind until homogeneous; set aside.
- Chop the dates into pieces your blender can handle.
- In a blender place honey, apple juice, cinnamon, vanilla and chopped dates. Blend until a smooth texture is reached.
- In a large mixing bowl combine raisins, and nut mix. Then stir in the date mixture (you may have to use your hands).
- When the dough is completely mixed, you can either roll in balls and freeze for later (tastes like cookie dough), or you can shape dough into 2 inch balls, roll in coconut and place on dehydrator sheets. Dry in dehydrator for for 8-10 hours at 125 -130°F.
- Another option is to take two 9 x 13-inch glass baking pan and sprinkle 1/2 cup coconut in each pan. Press 1/2 of the dough in each pan, top with remaining coconut and bake in a oven for 2 hours at 150- 200°F.
- If you use an oven, you need to keep an eye on the bars during the last 30 minutes so they don't burn.