Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A high-protein breakfast bar without flour, milk, sugar or eggs.
Make and share this Sun Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Place the sunflower seeds and walnuts in a food processor and grind until homogeneous; set aside.
- Chop the dates into pieces your blender can handle.
- In a blender place honey, apple juice, cinnamon, vanilla and chopped dates. Blend until a smooth texture is reached.
- In a large mixing bowl combine raisins, and nut mix. Then stir in the date mixture (you may have to use your hands).
- When the dough is completely mixed, you can either roll in balls and freeze for later (tastes like cookie dough), or you can shape dough into 2 inch balls, roll in coconut and place on dehydrator sheets. Dry in dehydrator for for 8-10 hours at 125 -130°F.
- Another option is to take two 9 x 13-inch glass baking pan and sprinkle 1/2 cup coconut in each pan. Press 1/2 of the dough in each pan, top with remaining coconut and bake in a oven for 2 hours at 150- 200°F.
- If you use an oven, you need to keep an eye on the bars during the last 30 minutes so they don't burn.
Made exactly as written in the oven and covered with coconut flakes. Tasty and fairly easy to make. A bit sweet for my taste but I will try to remedy that next time. Would love to have these come out a bit firmer - will experiment with that too!