A high-protein breakfast bar without flour, milk, sugar or eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the sunflower seeds and walnuts in a food processor and grind until homogeneous; set aside.
- 2Chop the dates into pieces your blender can handle.
- 3In a blender place honey, apple juice, cinnamon, vanilla and chopped dates. Blend until a smooth texture is reached.
- 4In a large mixing bowl combine raisins, and nut mix. Then stir in the date mixture (you may have to use your hands).
- 5When the dough is completely mixed, you can either roll in balls and freeze for later (tastes like cookie dough), or you can shape dough into 2 inch balls, roll in coconut and place on dehydrator sheets. Dry in dehydrator for for 8-10 hours at 125 -130°F.
- 6Another option is to take two 9 x 13-inch glass baking pan and sprinkle 1/2 cup coconut in each pan. Press 1/2 of the dough in each pan, top with remaining coconut and bake in a oven for 2 hours at 150- 200°F.
- 7If you use an oven, you need to keep an eye on the bars during the last 30 minutes so they don't burn.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sun Bars
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.3
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 22.5 g
- Protein 5.2 g