Recipe by luvcook'n
Here is another recipe from the 60's. It was so good the first time I had it as a young girl, I still make it every once in awhile.
- 2 whole chicken, cut-up
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening (or use all butter)
- 1 cup blanched almond, slivered
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef consomme
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (28 ounce) can peaches, halves
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Shake chicken pieces in bag with flour, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Brown chicken in butter/shortening in a large skillet. You may have to do this in batches.
- Remove to baking dish.
- In same skillet, lightly brown almonds.
- Stir in remaining flour mixture and mix well.
- Gradually stir in water, consomme and ketchup.
- Cook stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
- Pour over chicken; cover.
- Bake at 375 degrees to 30 - 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Drain and arrange peach halves (cut side up) on chicken. Sprinkle cheese over meat and peaches.
- Return to oven; uncovered for 10 minutes.