Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
These colorful, no-cook peppers are stuffed with a savory couscous salad.
- 1⁄2 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 whole red bell peppers
- 3 whole yellow bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup scallion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, minced
- Place the couscous and boiling water in a large bowl, cover and let the couscous sit for 15 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork, then let it cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, slice the tops off the whole peppers.
- Core, seed, wash and drain the peppers.
- If necessary, slice a little off the bottoms of the peppers so they will sit on a plate without falling over.
- Combine the diced peppers, scallions, zucchini and cooled couscous in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, olive oil and dill and mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the couscous mixture and toss to coat.
- Spoon one-sixth of the couscous mixture into each cored pepper.
- Cover the peppers with plastic wrap and chill until needed.
Delicious, easy, healthy, fast!! These peppers have a lot going for them! They made a great light meal with steamed greens. Love the citrus/dill flavor.