Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from "The Mike and Matty Show" -- does anyone remember it (vintage 1994). It is very easy and very yummy! Prep time includes chilling time.
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 loaf lb cake
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 peach, cut in bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, cut in quarters
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 4 dashes aromatic bitters
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces lemon yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Cut pound cake loaf in half lengthwise and then in 1/2-inch slices.
- Line sides and bottom of clear bowl with a layer of pound cake.
- Spoon in 1/2 pudding, 1/2 bananas, 1/2 cherries, 1/2 peaches and 1/2 strawberries.
- Mix aromatic bitters with pineapple juice; sprinkle half of juice over fruit.
- Put in another layer of pound cake and remaining pudding, bananas, cherries, peaches and strawberries.
- Fold yogurt into whipped cream.
- Spread on top.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
I loved the idea of mixing the whipped cream with lemon yogurt...how wonderfully refreshing! I used blueberries, strawberries, kiwi and bananas for the fruit. At Wal-Mart, I found some "mini" trifle bowls for $1.79 each, so each of my six guests had their own trifle bowl!!! It was wonderful. Thanks for the summer recipe!
Sharlene, you've went and done it again! I served this at a family gathering and they loved it. WE LOVE YOU SPAGHETTI, so when I had the opportunity to try this I jumped on it. Sorry the review came a little late but we did enjoy it! I am making it again this weekend! 5 thumbs up girl!